Staff Software Engineer – ServiceNow
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work together with the Product Owner to create appropriate product and technical specifications & design technical implementation strategy to deliver application effectively.
- Work closely with the Business Analysts, to understand the system’s functional and non-functional requirements.
- Work in a scrum-based agile development process which plans and builds features targeted to a release
- Design and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow application developers and customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with business and product owners, and creative designers
- Collaborate with user experience designers to deliver delightful experiences
- Build rich, modern web and mobile native experiences that are accessible, progressive and responsive
- Support customers through bug fixes and patches
- Play a key role in the architecture design and coordination with other architects to build a performant, scalable and reliable solution
- Drive the process and quality improvement in SDLC management
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable software components
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving.
- Strong problem-solving, debugging skills and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Lead and mentor less experienced engineers
It would be even better if you have:
- Experience developing on the ServiceNow platform and API’s
- Expertise in unit and integration test automation
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
Read Full Job Description
Credit: Source link