Best Tips to Manage Your Remote Software Development Teams
For a few years now, remote software development has become quite the trend and favorite. Remote software development teams who constitute remote development are usually a team of designers, product engineers, scrum masters, developers, and product managers. All of them work individually over the project cumulatively, resulting in a product’s delivery.
Generally, in outsourcing, the concerned remote software development company will have dedicated managers overseeing the projects. But post the outbreak of the dreaded pandemic, things are changing. Due to work from home, remote teams operate from different locations. For Business Owners, it is a tedious task to ensure the management of these teams. If you happen to be outsourcing your product development or hiring a remote team to design, develop, and deliver projects, here are a few coolest tips to help you manage them.
Why Is Hiring Remote Developers So Significantly Required?
- No-Fixed Time Frame with high-productivity: No hurry to wake up early for work and no travel stress are two coinciding factors that give the remote teams to work flexibly at a convenient time. Flexible working implies exact and better concentration on work, results in high performance, and doubles the productivity.
- Comfort zone: Working from home, catching up with a team meeting, working on tasks is possible even while sitting on the couch in pajamas. A better comfort place energizes the mind positively, and as a stimulus, the mind will effectively focus on work.
- Ability to reach multiple talent remote developers: Remote teams imply you get the opportunity to hire an expert professional from any time zone and location. Paving the way to reach the software development industry’s best minds, remote team hiring ensures you get connected to expert professionals around the globe.
- Inspiring personal and professional space: While working from home, employees get time to relax and better care for themselves. Home-cooked meals make them more healthy, finding quality time to spend with family and children allows them to get inspired. Eventually, they get inspired and accomplish even a challenging task easily.
- Tap on technology and grow: The advantages of remote development teams are you can reach to emphasize the project goals, decide on action itineraries, and watch the progress through sprint meetings with tools and technology. More video calling and project tools make this more comfortable with just a tap from any device anywhere.
Tips on How to Manage a Remote Developer Team
Transparency on Project Detail Plays Crucial Key
When entrusting your project to the remote developers, you need to be transparent to your team with all details on this particular project. Simply assigning tasks without proper briefing on the project goals, challenges, and milestones will cause more pain than the gain to you.
Make all team members aware of the roadmaps, let them involve to the fullest, and arrange for frequent virtual team meetings to accomplish milestones.
Effective Communication for Betterment
Effective communication is much needed when teams work from home. With no one sitting beside at work time, the remote employee can lose track of work at times. Don’t just focus on goals and task milestones. Instead, try to follow-up with the individual member and speak and identify the challenges for remote working for employers. Have a look through the tasks, pull the team to participate in discussions, and bridge the gaps in project goals communication.
Support and Lead the Team’s Progress
Always consider them as your team. Regular meet-ups through video calling and interaction with remote teams will help them understand the project goal. Support the team wherever possible, try to involve in all the stages of the development process, and show the team directions for progress. Don’t just review but lead the progress!
Never Fall for Micromanaging
Avoid micromanaging. It just would wreck your team’s efficiency. When at a distance apart, is it easy for potholes to pop-up in the development. This should not make you jump into action and oversee even the smallest sub-task. Hire remote teams you trust and who don’t need you to manage at the micro-level. Skipping micromanaging is one way in how to work with remote developers effectively.
Emphasis Through Visual Depiction
It may not be easy to understand what you communicate over a call. Using infographics, storyboards, and sharing similar videos and images relating to the project can make the team better understand. It is so right with idea sharing and details exchange. Begin to use storyboards, screen-sharing tools to make the developers realize the idea behind the product.
View, Preview, and Review
In the sprint reviews, give your opinions precisely and more appropriately than a vague one. Spend time to view the tasks, identify the areas of progress and those lagging. Do Participate in the retrospective and try to preview the hurdles and means to surpass them. Your remote team’s progress depends on your feedback. So, review them wherever and whenever necessary.
Hire a Team of Developers You Trust
When you hire remote developers, ensure diligence. So, now is the time to set goals, believe the team, and ensure the trust to build your product. Showcasing your confidence towards the team will help them feel motivated to deliver on-time. Try to Stand by them at times of challenges and hardships. Give enough time to get through the difficulties to contribute better to work.
Appreciate Even for the Smallest Accomplishments
Appreciating adds more benefits, such as motivating the team to speed up the development and bringing new tools and ideas on the table to create and develop products. Consider giving an applauding emoji in comments when a small task is marked completed. Reward the best performer of the week with gift coupons.
Provide Adequate Tools and Product Run-Through
Even the best experts may sometimes find it challenging, ensuring your team is well-equipped with a proper internet connection, collaboration tools, and gadgets. If your product requires the team to adopt the latest tools, provide them with relevant training, and encourage teams to learn and acquire additional skill sets.
Structure Your Work Environment
Before you begin your project collaboration with remote teams, have a clear roadmap, product goals, milestones, and delivery planned. Setup the project goals, give all the tasks in advance, and use the communication tools to track the progress. Take advantage of remote developers, and plan projects to have a non-interruptive development.
When you have experts doing the job for you, it is already easy. Now, with these tips, one can manage the remote developer’s team efficiently and stay worry-free!
Credit: Source link