Senior Software Engineer – Gi Media
Find out more
Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer at City Pantry, you’ll have the exciting opportunity to be exposed to working across 3 main pillars of the business. Fulfilment, Supply and Demand. You’ll get to understand, in-depth, the different areas of excellence within the Engineering team, before choosing one of the 3 areas to focus on. A brilliant position for a solutions-driven engineer with a passion for developing smart ideas.
Who is City Pantry?
We are City Pantry, and we’re on a mission to change the way people work – both in the office and at home. We believe that good food helps people work closer, however far apart. So, now more than ever, we need a team of passionate people to drive our mission forward and make working life better, one meal at a time. And we need people like you to be a part of our food revolution.
We are delivering thousands of meals every day across the UK to some of the world’s most iconic brands – Microsoft, Google, Facebook, Spotify and Buzzfeed, to name a few. We’re working with a world of kitchens, over 600 of the best chefs, street vendors, specialist caterers, restaurants and supper clubs in the UK.
What do the Engineering Team do?
Our Tech team builds and maintains all of the infrastructure and applications responsible for choosing and delivering 10,000+ meals every day. From search engines, menu planning, eater management to integrations with courier APIs, our tools provide seamless ordering experience and help the UK’s most influential companies feed their teams better and faster. On the other end of the platform, we create tools that help kitchens build their menus, track orders and improve outreach to maximise their potential.
We deliver on-time, accurate, high-quality food, with swift resolution of critical delivery issues.
We provide a meaningful choice that delights our customers by attracting, surfacing and growing high-quality vendors.
We enable our customers to easily order great food for every occasion, from feeding individual employees to catering for large enterprises.
Our Tech Stack
- Angular, Typescript (and the occasional AngularJS)
- PHP, Symfony, MongoDB
- Docker, Google Cloud, Github
- JIRA, Notion
What skills are we looking for;
- Excellent command of Angular, Redux, HTML, SCSS
- Solid knowledge of SPA development principles
- PHP, Ruby or NodeJS & keen to work with PHP daily)
- Great understanding of OOP principles
Our benefits are a little different due to being in Lockdown.
Here’s what you can expect from us right now;
- Unlimited holiday (yes, actually)
- Flexible Working Hours (we encourage regular breaks and being AFK to support your wellbeing)
- £2000 annual development allowance for you to spend on learning new things
- Weekly virtual Yoga, Pilates to keep you in shape!
- Regular social activities like virtual escape rooms, Bingo, Scavenger hunts + more
- Top of the range equipment to make sure you get your job done, properly
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sanctus Employee Wellbeing Sessions
- 20% off Santander Cycles (annual membership)
- Hackathons (We’ve coined the name Innov8 for ours – the team build amazing new ideas to make City Pantry even better and our teams lives easier from tiny ideas to real-life releases)
When we’re back in the office, you get all of the above +
- Free amazing food Monday, Wednesday and Friday from our amazing vendors London wide
- Regular company socials
- Five-A-Side Football
- (Almost) daily treats from our sweetest vendor partners
- Wellness programs
- + more
Find out more
Credit: Source link