6 Best free Cloud hosting Control Panels for Linux Servers in 2021
List of some best cloud hosting control panel to host websites or various PHP applications such as Wordpess on Linux servers like Debian, CentOS, and Ubuntu…
VPS and Cloud hosting services come with full root access where users can select the Linux operating system of their (available with the services provider) choice. However, if you are planning to host some website then installing a web hosting control on your Linux server will not only makes everything easy but provides graphical user interface, so that management of files and application becomes quite easy.
Furthermore, as a central point for the administration of the various user accounts and domains, web hosting control panels bring numerous advantages to the system administrator. Once set up, you will save a lot of time and effort in a future administration. Thanks to the simple graphical user interface of the administration program, settings can be easily made via the interface. Extensive expert knowledge and laborious work directly in the server’s operating system is no longer necessary.
Top free Cloud or VPS web hosting Control Panels for 2021
The open-source website hosting control panels listed here, some of them are with a wide range of futures and can be the best alternative to WHM Cpanel while others are simple with a minimalistic approach for quickly set up the website and other services with any complications.
1. CloudPanel- Open Source
Lately, I used open-source CloudPanel Cpanel on Amazon Cloud and I was really impressed because of its simple approach. Well, CloudPanel is not for those who are interesting in reselling hosting services instead meant for enterprises or individuals who want full control of their Cloud or VPS hosting server.
For example, I want to create a WordPress-based website on Cloud or VPS server using Linux but handling everything using the command line is really a cumbersome task. Thus, in such a scenario CloudPanel’s easy-to-use web interface really works.
Setting up a domain, database and installing PHP applications are super easy on it. Furthermore, out of the box it offers Nginx and multiple PHP versions to ensure fast speed and compatibility for a large range of web applications. To manage databases PhpMyAdmin is also there.
The story doesn’t end here if we are using CloudPanel on a public cloud such as Amazon web services, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, and Microsoft Azure; we can view Instances ID and other information directly on CloudPanel Dashboard including the option to manage security policies, firewall, backup, and other common functionalities.
However, currently, CloudPanel is only available to install on the Debian server which is available on almost every VPS and Cloud hosting service. Learn– How to Install CloudPanel Control Panel on Debian 10 Server
- Free SSL Certificates setup with one click
- Integration of Cloud Functionalities
- Includes NGINX, PHP-FPM, Redis, and MySQL for fast performance
- Multiple PHP-Versions
- Commandline-Application for database backup, restoring password, and disabling two-factor authentification.
- Inbuilt PHPMyAdmin
- Easy to use interface
- Server Resource Monitor graph
This one is another interesting and easy to set up open-source control panel that uses OpenLiteSpeed and LiteSpeed enterprise web servers instead of Apache because both known for their good performance and lightweight plus compatibility with Apache settings and core modules. Many users want to shift from apache or host their websites on the OpenLiteSpeed web server, however, installing from scratch and setting up everything on it using the command is not an easy task especially for a beginner. Thus, CyberPanel can help you there.
Free CyberPanel cloud control panel is available with both versions of LiteSpeed i.e OpenLiteSpeed (opensource) and LiteSpeed Enterprise. However, the enterprise version has some limitations to the free version, therefore to get all benefits the user has to go for premium plans. Nevertheless, don’t worry the open-source version is absolutely free and provides almost everything that is available in premium, also there will be no difference in the service and frontend of Cyberpanel free and paid versions.
- One-Click SSL implementation
- One-click app installer for WordPress (with LSCache), Joomla, and Prestashop
- Built-in support for ModSecurity
- Auto LSCache configuration
- Allow deploying code directly from repos via GIT
- Multiple PHPs support
- Unlimited websites support
- Built-in Lightweight DNS Server
- Rainloop Webmail
- Command Line Interface support
- Backup your web application to Google Drive
- Server Monitoring tool
- View and manage MySQL databases directly from CyberPanel Interface
- For security, it offers Firewall, Secure SSH, and Two Factor Authentication in CyberPanel
Download Cyber Panel (free)
3. Centos Web Panel (CWP)- best WHM cPanel alternative
Centos Web Panel is one of the best alternatives to those who are looking for an Control panel to replace popular WHM Cpanel on their web hosting server with some open source project. The admin of Centos Web Panel can easily import Cpanel users, accounts, and other configurations from WHM. This control panel is almost similar to popular WHM Cpanel, even using CentOS Web Panel the user can resell its hosting services by creating multiple Cpanel accounts.
It supports both Apache and Nginx or their combination to provide good performance for hosted PHP applications or websites. CWP ‘s is free but that doesn’t mean its interface will be sluggish and old, it has a modern advanced web interface to manage websites and applications easily. The user can upload, setup, and launch a website quickly using its web-based GUI file manager.
For its Pro version with some extra features, the user can opt for a low-cost plan that is 11.99 $ per year, however, if you also want support then it will cost you 12.99 $ per month. You can visit the official website for DEMO or see our guide on its installation– CentOS Web Panel: How to install it on CentOS 7 or 8
- Inbuilt Firewall and Security policy templates
- Advanced web-based GUI files manager
- System monitoring tools that include Netdata, Monit monitoring, and Live monitoring of MySQL processes.
- Allow configuring client packages and service plans.
- Easy to transfer a website from Cpanel to CWP
- Advanced backup system that has Daily, weekly, and Monthly backup options.
- Advance Web interface for Admin and a website owner
Aapanel is an active project that offers free and open-source control panel for managing the webserver with easy to use and understand graphical web interface. Users can set up a LAMP (Apache), LNMP (Nginx) or OpenLite server on it with the help of just one click.
It is a modular control panel that features can be extended when require using various add-ons present in its App stores such as Google Drive, Docker Manager, phpMyAdmin, FTP storage, and more… It comes with free security extensions to provide a free anti-spam gateway, Nginx WAF, SSH login reminder and system firewall.
Those are developers they can use its inbuilt code editor to modify files directly on the web interface of aapanel. To monitor the server resource consumption, like other free and best open source cloud panel listed here, it also comes with inbuilt monitor. Learn : How to install aaPanel free control panel on CentOS 7 or Ubuntu or directly visit its website for Demo.
- Add-ons to expand services
- Resource monitoring in real time
- Free Security extension
- One-Click lamp/lnmp
- Website Data, FTP Software and Safety management directly from the Dashbaord
- Supprot FTP Storage, S3 Storage, Google Cloud Storage and Google Drive suoing plugins
- One-click deployment of WordPress, Laravel, Joomla, Drupal and Roundcube
- Online editor
- Scheduled tasks management
- Support Debian, Ubuntu and CentOS Linux servers for installation.
ISPConfig is another good platform to manage websites and hosting server, however its interface still looks bit old, nevertheless, the project is up to date and well maintained; also we can install it on CentOS, Debian, Fedora, OpenSuSE & Ubuntu 16.04 – 20.04 and that’s reason why it is a widely used open source control panel.
It offers different access level environments Admin, Reseller, and Client Cpanel. ISPConfig supports both Apache and Nginx web servers and for the database it uses MySQL.
We can manage single or multiserver right from the single installed instance of ISPconfig, thus one control panel for multiple hosting server management.
- Once Cotnrol panel for single or multiple server management
- Apache and Nginx web server management
- Level based user login for Administrator, reseller, client and mail-user
- Manage services for Websites, Email accounts, FTP users, MySQL databases, Cron jobs, Shell users, DNS, IPv4 support and IPv6 support
- DNS server management (BIND, Powerdns)
- Mail server management with spam and antivirus filter
- Postfix (software) and Dovecot (software)
- Configuration mirroring and clusters.
- Virtual server management for OpenVZ Servers.
- Website statistics with Webalizer and AWStats.
Visit ISPConfig Website
6. Ajenti 2
Ajenti’s latest version is 2, which is a lightweight control panel and a nice choice for Cloud servers or VPS where resources come at a price. It needs 30MB RAM and 75 MB storage space for the installation of the Control Panel and supports Debian, Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS, and Gentoo Linux systems for installation. Ajenti Cpanel written in Python and backed by the GEvent coroutine engine whereas its frontend used JS, ES6, or CoffeeScript and AngularJS framework.
The remote access is much faster relatively. It comes with a few pre-installed tools such as text editor, code manager, terminal, and file manager. Out of the box, it supports the HTTP/1.1 web server with SSL.
Features of Ajenti:
- Modular interface
- Out of box SSL support
- Database, Email, Domains and DNS management
- File Manager
- Built-in plugins
- Web terminal, text editor and other tools.
Download Ajenti: Link
Credit: Source link