Magento 2.4.2 release notes: Highlight features on the latest version
As the e-commerce industry is striving for new and modern technologies, Magento never fails to satisfy us by offering Magento 2.4.2 release in the year 2021 to fulfill the demands of both online stores and customers.
The most recent version, Magento 2.4.2, which is released on 09 Feb 2021, promised to bring out in-time updates and trendy features to satisfy the populated number of Magento users even further.
The release of Magento 2.4.2 version
In Magento 2.4.2 release, the development team of Magento has offered a number of essential changes and improvements in terms of platform performance, security and GraphQL enhancement, and so on. In particular, the latest version of Magento 2 including over 280 new fixes to core code and almost 290 GitHub issues resolved by Magento community members. All existing issues detected in Magento 2.4.1 are also well handled in this current version. Upgrade your e-commerce store to this latest version to make the most out of this online platform as well as provide your customers further satisfying shopping experience.
Link to download the latest version of Magento 2.4.2
The Highlights of Magento 2.4.2 Version
1. Security-only patch available
In Magento 2.4.2 release, all the vulnerabilities identified in the previous Magento version, for example, Magento 2.4.1 have been fixed thanks to security-only patch 184.108.40.206. Online store owners now are capable of adding time-sensitive security fixes without worrying about applying dozens of functional fixes and enhancements like other previous Magento versions. In addition, online merchants are free to take advantage of all hot fixes that were applied for specific bugs or problems in Magento 2.4.1 release in this Magento 2.4.2 release security-only patch.
In case you want to know more about Magento security-only patch, you can visit the Magento DevBlog post Introducing the New Security-only Patch Release. Other instructions on the download and usage of this security-only patch can be found at Install Magento using Composer.
2. Substantial security enhancements
Magento 2.4.2 release offers fixes and improvements of more than 35 security bugs. Cross-site scripting (XSS) and remote code execution (RCE) weaknesses are solved without any attack issues at the moment. This release note also including the solution for Core Content Security Policy – CPS violations, message display detecting malicious content, and standardized file system operation among Magento components. A highlight of this new Magento version is that SameSite attribute is now supported by all core cookies.
However, in order to prevent customer information from being exploited and to protect the administrator module, online store owners should take all essential steps such as using a VPN, 2 steps authentication, good password, and so on. These actions are made to be sure that attackers cannot take control of the Admin.
3. Infrastructure improvements
In the latest version, Magento 2.4.2 release, the core quality of framework and functional areas has been vastly enhanced, including:
- Cart and Checkout
- Staging and Preview
- Customer Account
4. Platform enhancements
It’s suggested that Magento merchants who are using a split database should revert to a single database or stick to other accesses since a split database in Magento installation is no longer supported.
In terms of platform updates, three major changes have been mentioned. They can be listed below:
- Magento 2.4.2 release now supports both Elasticsearch 7.9.x and Redis 6.x.
- The current version remains compatible with Varnish 6.4
- Online store owners are recommended to switch to Composer 2.x. Even though they can still lean on Composer 1.x, it will soon be deprecated. All essential information in the detailed features can be found at Composer 2.0 is now available!
Magento 2.4.2 provides support for GraphQL features such as B2B features, localization, GraphQL schema, and so on. The enhancement involves:
- Store admins are in control of wishlists. Using GraphQL to design, delete, and rename wishlists as well as control items between wishlists.
- B2B features including company, company credit, and requisition lists are well supported.
- Online customers can make or delete comparison lists. These lists can be saved when they login to the server as a customer.
- Adding localization support among stores. to switch languages, currencies, and carts.
- GraphQL schema offers support in product data retrieval, especially for configurable products.
- Online customers are free to add remote purchasing assistance thanks to generateCustomerTokenAsAdmin
6. PWA Studio
Magento 2.4.2 release updates several alterations in PWA Studio:
- Venia supports several languages and currencies.
- Extensibility framework.
- My Account features, including order history, wishlists, and so on.
- Performance Optimization and bug fixations.
7. Media Gallery
In the latest release, New Role Resources allow online Magento store owners to restrict administration access. They are in total control of whom can manage these actions:
- Upload, delete, and edit assets as well as asset information.
- Add media assets to content.
- Manage media folder.
- Optimize images instead of using high-quality ones.
8. AWS S3 support enhancements
AWS S3 – Amazon Simple Storage Service is greatly supported in the Magento 2.4.2 release in which some highlighted enhancements are object storage as well as future extensibility. More than that, the current Magento version even provides support for all modules in AWS S3, including PageBuilder, Adobe Stock Integration, and B2B. Online merchants now can be free to enjoy advanced page builder content migration and CSS customization.
Fixed issues in Magento 2.4.2
Apart from all these considerable improvements, Magento 2.4.2 release also fixed numerous bugs and issues detected in the core code of this version. These enhancements relate to Adobe Stock Integration, shipping method via Apple Pay, price sorting for out of stock items, product display, currency in multi-sites, and many more. You can find out all detailed information on these improvements at Fixed issues on the Magento 2.4.2 release notes.
Wrapping It Up!
As the e-commerce industry always looks for new and modern technologies in order to bring out the best customer service as well as multiple Magento stores’ revenues, it is essential that you should follow the trend and upgrade your store to the latest version. With all the essential information, news, and updates provided in this blog, we hope that you can take advantage of Magento 2.4.2 release to turn your e-commerce store into a better place for the users as well as the customers.
Let’s try out the new version of Magento and give us your point of view in the comment section below. We will come back with in-time updates and instant news. Stay tuned!
Top 6+ Magento Development Trends You Should Embrace in 2021
Magento PWA Studio – The Trending Technology You Shouldn’t Miss in 2021
Top 5 Magento 2 Migration Service Providers
How Customer Feedback Is Your Best Weapon In The War Against Cart Abandonment
Credit: Source link