How to Create effective Audio Ads for Streaming Services & Voice Apps: 4 Tips for Success | by Ipervox | Aug, 2021
Audio ads: they’re all around us today. People listen to them on a range of distribution channels, like radio, podcasts, smart speakers, music streaming services, and more. Audio ads are a key component of the audio revolution because they are central to the promotion of products and services.
Audio ads are a type of marketing that can be especially powerful. These advertisements typically take the form of radio broadcasts or podcasts where a story is told to listeners concisely and compellingly. When done correctly, advertisers can take advantage of one of the most resonant marketing means such as audio. With the power to engage, inform, and entertain people outside of their homes, advertisers can find success.
Advertising for your brand can be complex. It can range from using Alexa Skills, Google Assistant Actions to TV ads. Using a Skill or Action on Alexa or Google Assistant is one of the best ways to make sure your audio ads are making their way into the homes of millions of people who own a smart home device. These devices speak with these people every day, which will make sure that your audio ads are heard.
Creating great conversational ads is a delicate art, and it’s not as easy as you might think. When writing a script for your ad, you must put yourself in the shoes of the listener to make it work.
More and more listeners are turning to audio streaming services that are available through smart speakers. This means that traditional radio and similar broadcasting services will have to compete with this new technology.
Developing clever conversational ads for voice-driven platforms will be essential for success in the voice space. Of course, dedicated voice applications sound like the best solution to reach such an audience.
However, don’t worry about how to create a truly effective conversational ad for this platform.
1. How Conversational AI can Automate Customer Service
2. Automated vs Live Chats: What will the Future of Customer Service Look Like?
3. Chatbots As Medical Assistants In COVID-19 Pandemic
4. Chatbot Vs. Intelligent Virtual Assistant — What’s the difference & Why Care?
1. Focus on making it as conversational as possible
Consider that the primary reason people use smart speakers like Amazon Echo is their ability to provide conversational experiences through the specific voice assistant, in this case, Alexa. Therefore, when creating your audio ads focus on making them conversational. When designing the conversational flow do it by analyzing how your target audience reacts to such experiences. Finding the appropriate voice tone for the audio will be the key to making it conversational and friendly, and ultimately attract the attention of the audience.
2. Find the best way to approach your target audience
In the space of voice applications, you will have two ways to reach your future customer.
- The first and the simplest one is to use an already existing streaming service like Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, etc. But, their services offer little to no possibility to control the user experience. This means lower chances of gaining new leads.
- The second one is to develop your own voice application. This way, you will have total control over the user experience, while generating valuable user analytics. Later, the collected data will provide you with the information you will need to improve your ads and better target the audience.
3. Harness the characteristics “voice” has to offer
Different from written ads, if used correctly, Audio Ads have the opportunity to better engage your audience. What makes them unique is the ability to transmit emotion and humor. These qualities of voice can be a powerful tool if placed well within the audio content.
4. Consider offering something extra
One of the best ways to gain the attention of the listeners and push them through the next steps is by offering something special. It can be a special promotion, a discount, a voucher code, something free, etc. This will surely attract more listeners to take further action and generate more leads. Furthermore, this way, you can hook them up for other services or products your business has to offer.
Credit: Source link