GUIDE TO: HOW YOU CAN RESET YOUR APPLE HOMEKIT HOME | by Tapaan Chauhan | Oct, 2021
When you are experiencing a smart home automation system without any flaws it’s amazing but what if it breaks down? Usually, the Apple homekit is quite a stable platform that doesn’t crash often but when it does it can be pretty hectic. And to find solutions, only one thing will come up in your mind ‘how to fix this?’ So if you are facing some trouble or you just want to prepare yourself for any unwanted circumstances like this then follow the steps mentioned in this article.
Situation varies. Here are some suggestions for some situations you might face if your homekit gets crashed.
This situation might come sometimes when you will open the Home app and notice the screen saying “loading Accessories and scenes”. And this screen usually doesn’t go away and your home automation doesn’t seem to work. So here are some ways to fix this.
HOW TO FIX THIS:
- Wait. When it appears “loading Accessories and scenes” it is better to wait for some moment as sometimes it can mean iCloud is updating and it will automatically resolve the issue after iCloud finishes the updating process.
- When it is in the process make sure that all your Homekit devices are updated, using iCloud, and have two-factor authentication set up.
- Then restart the Homekit hub and relaunch the App to check whether it’s working or not.
If anything mentioned above isn’t working then try these further steps:
- Tap sign out to Sign out of iCloud and click delete to confirm.
- Sign in again
- Open the home app and check whether it worked or not.
And finally, if nothing worked, you have only one option left:
- Go to Home App
- When the “loading Accessories and scenes” appears click reset home configuration.
- Click it again to confirm.
After completion of the reset process, you will get a brand new Home app and again you have to add all of your Homekit devices.
1. How Conversational AI can Automate Customer Service
2. Automated vs Live Chats: What will the Future of Customer Service Look Like?
3. Chatbots As Medical Assistants In COVID-19 Pandemic
4. Chatbot Vs. Intelligent Virtual Assistant — What’s the difference & Why Care?
If you just want to re-setup your Home setup and want to reset the Homekit Home then follow these below steps:
- Open the Home app.
- Click the Home button.
- Head over to Home settings and by scrolling down select Remove Home.
- Then click Remove.
- Reopen the app and you will get the new Homekit home.
Can I restore all the devices and settings from iCloud backup? The answer is no. Apple doesn’t give access to restore any Homekit data as they are merged in your iPhone backup.
Credit: Source link