Guide to how you can change Alexa’s wake word and language | by Tapaan Chauhan | Oct, 2021
Though Amazon Alexa itself is an evolution in this era of smart speakers, the same robotic voice now seems really backdated. So if you got bored with Alexa’s usual robotic voice then Amazon has updated its few features to offer you some different voices. And here is a complete step-by-step guide on how you can easily change the voice of your Echo device.
However, we can’t assure you that you are going to have multiple options available to change the voice. Amazon has only offered a few new wake voices such as “Ziggy”, “Amazon”, ”computer”, “Echo”. So, let’s have a quick look at how you can change the wake word.
- Open the Alexa app
- Go to the Menu
- Select devices
- Select the device you want to change the wake word
- Scroll down to ‘wake word’
- Select the word you want to give
- Then click Ok
Notice when the orange light stops blinking and you are all set to call it by a new name.
1. How Conversational AI can Automate Customer Service
2. Automated vs Live Chats: What will the Future of Customer Service Look Like?
3. Chatbots As Medical Assistants In COVID-19 Pandemic
4. Chatbot Vs. Intelligent Virtual Assistant — What’s the difference & Why Care?
Similarly, Amazon gives you access to change the accent and language according to your country. You can change it from an American accent to an Indian English accent or an Australian English accent. Even if you want Alexa to speak your native language then you can easily change it to your preferred language by following the steps below :
- Open Menu
- Click settings
- Scroll to ‘device setting’
- Select your Echo device
- Scroll down to languages
- Select the language or accent you want
- Save changes
And you are all set to hear in your own accent or language.
Not only these, but Amazon has also introduced features such as enabling celebrity voices and a new wake word named ‘Disney’ which is going to launch in 2022.
Credit: Source link