ServiceNow Technical Developer job with UNIVERSITY OF MELBOURNE
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Business Services
Salary: $96,002 – $103,921 (UOM 7)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional – Full time – 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About Business Services
Business Services provides a full range of class leading information technology, facilities management, finance, HR and health and safety services to all operating entities of the University.
About the Role
As the ServiceNow Technical Developer, you will be responsible for enhancing the University ServiceNow platform capabilities.
You will do this by estimating work effort, designing and developing ServiceNow applications. You will provide maintenance of the ServiceNow platform and support for associated applications, including bespoke extensions.
This role will give you exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders as you will work closely with your scrum team and other areas across the broader University to provide input into planning, architecture, design and development of complex applications on our ServiceNow platform and its integration with systems across a variety of technologies
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Provide support including triage, analysis, service restoration, request fulfilment, defect fixing and minor enhancements
- Assist with ServiceNow upgrades, releases, patches & hot fixes across ServiceNow production and non-production environments according to the implemented SDLC best practice framework
- Provide platform and application monitoring, preventative maintenance as well as continuous improvement to meet elevated levels of client satisfaction KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Develop and enhance University ServiceNow Service portal capabilities
- Assess, understand and document the impact of application change to production, integration points and components, as well as keeping support knowledge artefacts up to date
- Educate and train fellow team members on the administration and maintenance of the changed software
You will have deep functional and technical knowledge of ServiceNow platform as well as experience delivering large-scale ServiceNow implementations. Leaning on your experience as a developer in a large organisation, you will have a strong customer focus and the ability to communicate effectively across all levels. You will have strong analytical skills and a high degree of initiative, allowing you to flexibly adapt to change and resolve multi-functional problems.
Ideally, you will further have:
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer with an appropriate tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Excellent problem analysis, root cause diagnosis, and solving skills, with the ability to analyse production incidents and lead and work effectively as part of a team of experts to resolve multi-functional problems
- Experience in enterprise application software development including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support – a thorough understanding of the SDLC.
- Strong knowledge of system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture and web services integration such as XML, API Technologies (REST/SPML/SOAP), HTML.
- Knowledge of information systems support practices and ITIL across a wide range of enterprise information systems and related technologies.
- Experience in Agile & DEVOPS software development management, Continuous Integration and Quality Assurance practices.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental, and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages and culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Position Description: 0048127 ServiceNow Technical Developer PD.pdf
Applications close: 27 Feb 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Credit: Source link