Senior Librarian, Digital Initiatives, Manager job with SINGAPORE UNIVERSITY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
The Systems Librarian is a member of the Library’s professional team, reporting to the Library Director. The position actively participates in the planning, development and management of the Library’s information systems and applications, to support students and faculty in their research, teaching and learning activities. The Librarian contributes substantively to a variety of Library and University initiatives and projects, through committees, working groups and project teams.
- Lead, plan and develop library IT strategies and initiatives to provide reliable and efficient information access and the best possible user experience.
- Manage, support and enhance the Library’s discovery service Primo VE, library services platform Alma, and content and access management services, and their integration/ interoperability and data interchange with campus and vendor systems, to improve processes and interfaces.
- Identify and evaluate emerging trends, developments, practices and technologies in information technology and academic libraries, digital libraries, resource discovery, library assessment and data management, and make recommendations for adoption, as appropriate, for a digital-first library.
- Oversee the design and development of user/web interfaces, including library website and Springshare applications.
- Work with staff, Campus IT Services, partners and vendors on hardware, software and data issues as well as on projects and activities involving the Library’s systems and services.
- Coordinate the design, reporting and evaluation of data gathered from library systems, web analytics and other sources to support assessment and evidence-based decision making and service provision. Monitor and the performance of systems and discovery services.
- Establish policies, standards, practices, procedures and workflows for library IT, discovery and account-related services, and ensure operational efficiency and compliance with University policies.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the Library and Lead and/or participate in library-wide initiatives and systems and technology related projects.
- Engage in continuous professional development, and serve the Library and University through representation on internal and external committees, where required.
- Provide research assistance, instruction and other library services and operations as required. May work some evenings and weekends.
- Supervise and develop the Applications Specialist in alignment with job expectations, professional role and the University mission.
- 3 to 5 years of experience with library management systems, federated search services, digital asset management systems, electronic resource management systems, proxy servers, web portals/websites, and mobile applications as well as the provision of library services including reference, instructional and outreach services support and instruction, preferably in an academic library.
- Experience with Ex Libris Alma and Primo VE, web technologies and proficient in a variety of applications, tools, and web technologies including HTML, CSS, AngularJS, XML/XSLT, AWK, SED.
- Familiarity with web publishing tools such as LibGuides and WordPress.
- Knowledge of metadata standards and protocols represented in library information systems, including MARC, MARCXML, OAI-PMH, OpenURL, Bibframe, Dublin Core.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented and user-centric with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully.
- Ability to effectively supervise, mentor and train staff.
Credit: Source link