Magento Commerce becomes Adobe Commerce
The article today will show you what it means for your business when Magento Commerce becomes Adobe Commerce. Let’s start!
In May 2018, Adobe confirmed to the press that it has acquired Magento Commerce for $1.68 billion. The business rebranded Magento Commerce to Adobe Commerce three years later, on April 21st, 2021.
Adobe Commerce Cloud is a commercial service of the Magento open-source eCommerce platform combined with Adobe’s commercial content management system (Adobe Experience Manager). With today’s announcement, Magento’s branding is further consolidated, and the Magento moniker is officially dropped from its commercial product selection. Magento is now exclusively available as an open-source project.
Flexibility, scale, security, and intelligence are among the product roadmap priorities mentioned in the news statement announcing the relocation.
What does the Adobe-Magento integration mean?
For a long time, Magento has been an essential part of Adobe’s digital ecosystem, delivering the eCommerce aspect that was previously lacking.
This change, however, comes at a critical juncture in the company’s development and represents the company’s current and future directions.
What does all of this mean for customers and businesses?
The licensed version, previously known as “Magento Commerce Edition,” will be renamed “Adobe Commerce”. The name “Magento Open Source,” which was formerly known as “Magento Community Edition,” will be retained. When you see “Adobe Commerce” on this site or in the Adobe Portal, remember that it is still the same Magento Commerce Edition you know and love, just with a new name that reflects its new owner.
The Adobe Commerce platform will include the greatest features of both the Adobe and Magento brands, including an open-source B2B and B2C eCommerce platform as well as a java-based content management system capable of creating individualized digital experiences for customers.
How will you benefit from this acquisition?
Customers of Adobe Commerce should be delighted about what the future holds for them as a result of this rebranding. There are immediate and long-term benefits to these new integrations, including:
- Progressive Web Applications (PWA) Studio: This new improvement will make it easier for PWA development owners to launch many foreign sites that require multi-currency and multi-language support faster, cheaper, and faster. Merchants may use the same cloud hosting for their backend and storefront with PWA Studio. Therefore, you’ll be able to build an integrated eCommerce site that boosts engagement, conversion rates, and income.
- Product Recommendations for B2B: Adobe Commerce transforms a B2C feature into a solution that B2B companies may use. All of this is done automatically across the storefront by evaluating shopper behavior, conversion variables, contextual, and item popularity. Varied suggestion rules will soon be supported by the product recommendations engine, allowing you to incorporate distinct pricing depending on different buyer catalogs. This tool is a significant asset for monitoring campaign effectiveness and increasing ROI because it requires less manual input. It’s also possible to incorporate it into your PWA Studio storefront.
- Adobe Sign Integration: Adobe Commerce has direct integration with the e-signing software. As a result, the purchasing process will be simplified, drop-offs will be reduced, and sales will grow.
- AI-Powered Site Search: Using Adobe Sensei AI, this feature provides search-as-you-type results that get smarter over time. This search function will analyze consumer behavior and fine-tune results to increase conversions, as well as provide reporting on ‘no result’ searches so you can optimize for those as well.
- New Financing Tool: The new financing solution, which is the result of a partnership between Abobe Commerce and Wayflyer, enables you to use funds to increase inventory and/or strengthen your online marketing activities. This tool will enable you to increase inventory during busy online business seasons and engage in activities that generate attention and demand, such as discounted programs. You may also use the Wayflyer Analytics tool to get insights into your digital marketing campaigns and alter your marketing budget to maximize earnings.
Does this information stir your interest? Please let us know!
We have provided our customers with everything from strategy and planning to design and development to long-term maintenance and managed services using Adobe Commerce (previously Magento Commerce). Please contact us to explore the best solution for your organization if you plan to build a B2B eCommerce website based on Adobe Commerce (Magento).
Credit: Source link