Build WebSocket infrastructure in-house or outsource to the experts?
It’s a tough question for many engineering decision makers. Many times, the easiest way to make a decision is to learn from peer experiences.
This is why Ably surveyed over 500 engineering leaders: to understand the challenges they faced when building and maintaining their own realtime, event-driven, WebSocket infrastructure to create live and collaborative experiences for end users. Chat, order delivery tracking, live streaming, virtual events and simultaneous document collaboration are just a few examples of what this infrastructure enables.
Key findings in this report include:
- 89% of engineering leaders say scalable WebSocket infrastructure provides a competitive advantage.
- 69% of self-build WebSocket projects lasted more than three months and 93% needed more than 4 engineers.
- 41% indicate that missed deadlines and extended timelines are significant problems when building WebSocket infrastructure in-house.
Download the full report to learn:
- Cost and time to build and maintain WebSocket infrastructure.
- Cost and time to expand and deliver realtime, WebSocket-based capabilities at scale.
- The advantage of working with a serverless WebSocket PaaS provider over building WebSocket infrastructure in-house.
Credit: Source link