Junior Web Developer at Headhunters – Western Cape Cape Town Region
Our client in the Insurance Sector, based in Cape Town is currently looking to employ an experienced Junior Web Developer.
An awesome career opportunity awaits.
- Specify degree/diploma in Web Development or Software Development.
- 1 -2 years Web Development Experience.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git /SVN/TFS etc..
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Good understanding of working in an Agile environment.
- Basic HTML.
- WordPress CMS knowledge.
- Google Analytics knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application.
- You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Manage documents and version control on a content server.
- Update/map documents to various sites.
- Code basic HTML to map documents to websites.
- Content updates and management.
- Gathering Google Analytics on various websites and determine optimization opportunities.
- Proactive content updates.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather requirements, conduct analysis, and prioritize requests.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Contribute to user acceptance testing (UAT) and the development of training material.
- Once the solution has been successfully tested, transport the solution into production/live environment.
- Develop and maintain websites with CMS.
- Monitor performance of solutions and make recommendations to improve the performance and functionality of the solution.
- Log issues found in existing systems as internal change controls and ensure successful resolution of issues.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.
Learn more/Apply for this position
Credit: Source link